The Wheatlake Center is managed and staffed entirely by volunteers. Our Center Coordinator will help you match your interests and abilities with a volunteer role in helping cancer patients and their families.
Volunteers receive specialized training with the American Red Cross and with MCMC staff (www.mcmcbr.com). Additionally, the Center Coordinator will help you acclimate to your role and responsibilities as one of our volunteers. Periodic volunteer updates help you stay current with Center procedures
|Whether volunteering to help at the Wheatlake Center, its various committees and events, please call the Center at 231.592.1034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Roles to be filled:
- Volunteer Librarians manage the collection of books, brochures, DVDs and CDs and assist patients and their families in utilizing the Cancer Library resources.
- Volunteer Seekers help with specific information searches for patients and their families.
- Center Coordinators ensure that volunteers are filling key roles in staffing the Center and that they have a positive experience as they help patients and their families.
- Wellness Boutique Volunteers are licensed cosmetologists who lend their knowledge and abilities to help patients with challenges that they are having with their appearance.
The Wheatlake Center Committee Volunteers
- Education and Support Committee develops and manages the educational and outreach efforts of The Wheatlake Center including establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals and organizations that assist The Wheatlake Center in a variety of roles.
- Library Committee oversees the operation of the cancer library including managing the collection and staffing The Wheatlake Center.
- Publicity Committee promotes The Wheatlake Center, its services and its events to our health care service region.
- Tote of Hope Committee coordinates the production and management of the tote bag provided by The Wheatlake Center to breast cancer patients.
- Website Committee promotes The Wheatlake Center, its services and its events electronically to our health care service region.
- Wellness Boutique Committee oversees the services and products provided by The Wellness Boutique.
The Wheatlake Center Fund Development Volunteers
- Cancer and Wellness Walk Committee coordinates all efforts related to the annual walk benefiting the Wheatlake Center Fund.
- Grow The Wheatlake Fund Committee seeks to increase the resources available to support The Center and its activities
Help at The Wheatlake Center Events
Successful events are the results of dedicated volunteers who commit their time and talents to a common goal. Equally vital to this success are those individuals who participate in The Wheatlake Center events.
- Cancer and Wellness Walk
- Cancer Awareness Series
- Other Events of The Wheatlake Fund/Center
- Community Events - Expo, Mecosta County Fair, etc.
Volunteer Your Unique Talents
Do you have a skill or professional expertise that you would lend to further the efforts of The Wheatlake Center to assist cancer patients and their families? The following list details some examples of the types of help we need. Please contact us for further information to share your talents and abilities.
- Are you a photographer?
- Are you interested in advertising, public relations?
- Are you a certified cosmetologist?
- Join our Speaker's Bureau
- Are you a cancer survivor?
- Are you a librarian, social worker or medical professional, etc.?
- Do you have computer or website expertise?
- Are you a graphic designer?
- Do you have an accounting background?
- Are you an attorney?
- Your talents and abilities